LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor can be used in support of remote electronic proctoring of exams in Blackboard and Canvas. Students use the same unique link to install LockDown Browser and use the same application to take exams. Direct students to this TechFAQ page for more information on downloading and installing the browser.
Register for a free online training webinar to learn more about LockDown Browser and Monitor. Sign up for a date and time that works best for you. August sessions are now listed. The training sessions will address:
- How to use LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor to protect integrity and ensure student identity
- The instructor and student perspective using each application
- How to analyze proctoring results, including a feature that ranks exam sessions by risk
- Best practices and tips for success with both applications
Getting Started Videos
- Protecting the Integrity of Online Exams
- Preparing an Exam for Use with LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor
Resources for Instructors
Here are instructor quick start guides for:
Here is a Word file with a syllabus statement for using LockDown Browser and Monitor in your course.
Best Practice for Implementation
Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam, before taking a graded exam. This approach provides the opportunity for students to become familiar with the test taking process through the LMS and can help to identify technology problems students might need HelpDesk support to address.
A practice exam to ensure the first exam using LockDown Browser and Monitor runs smoothly is highly recommended. Leave the practice quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can check their setup from a different computer.
Resources for Students
Here are student quick start guides for:
Here is a video overview for students that could be linked in the LMS course site.
- Video overview for students (2 minutes)