Latest Canvas News
Canvas Coffee and Tea
Canvas Coffee & Tea is a new, on-campus initiative (Minneapolis now, Winona coming soon) that focuses on building relationships between Faculty/Instructors and the Instructional Technology and CELT teams. Enjoy a cup of coffee, tea as well as some light snacks to...
reIMAGINE Learner Engagement
The Instructional Technology team has curated an opportunity that provides ideas and tools to enhance student learning. We invite you to see yourself reIMAGINE Learner Engagement. This resource includes exemplars in both content and structure gathered from across the...
SGPP Spring Term 1 COVID-19 Semester Updates
Data is indicating that we will see a surge in COVID-19 cases in January 2022. Because of this projection coinciding with the start of the next SGPP term on January 3, 2022, the first four weeks of that term will be held online. This is also defined as “Emergency...
Course Processes in Canvas
In the move to Canvas, Saint Mary’s now has the ability to automate certain features that did not exist in other systems. One of these features is how courses are created and how content can be added to courses. In this process, we are able to automatically create...
Where is courses.smumn.edu?
As of June 1, 2021 Blackboard is no longer active for Saint Mary's. This includes links to business, registration, HR, and other faculty and student services. To find those pages, please go to https://community.smumn.edu/. To login directly to the new online learning...
When will faculty and staff have Canvas training?
Training opportunities will start with the self-paced training course in Canvas which will be live on September 23. The first live training opportunity will be September 30. All of these will be promoted on this site, as well as CELT’s trainings and workshops page.
When do we get access to Canvas?
Will we have assistance migrating our courses to Canvas?
In addition to K16’s services, we will provide internal workshops to help you polish up your migrated courses.
When will we migrate our Engage courses to Canvas?
What is Ally and why is it important?
Will faculty be delivering courses in Canvas for the Fall 2020 semester?
Will we have to learn to use a new plagiarism tool?
How can I learn more?
Who is on the LMS task force?
- Provost and Dean of Faculties – Brian Schmisek
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations – Ben Murray
- Vice Provost – Online Strategy and Programs – Andrea Carroll-Glover (Chair)
- Director of IT and User Services – Tianna Johnson (Co-Chair)
- Associate Professor SGPP – Susan Hines
- Interim Director of CELT – Adam Potthast
- Associate Professor, Resource Analysis-Analyst SGPP- Greta Poser
- Director of Online Operations, Professor SGPP – Holly Tapper
- Director of Instructional Technology SGPP – Robert Andersen
- Director of Instructional Technology Winona – Jason Spartz
- Program Director M.Ed in Learning Design and Technology SGPP – Nancy Van Erp
- Assistant Professor Winona – Zakary Mayo
- Master of Business Admin Program, Adjunct Associate Professor SGPP – Amy Jauman
- Assistant Professor Winona – Crystal Carlson