Latest Canvas News
In the move to Canvas, Saint Mary’s now has the ability to automate certain features that did not exist in other systems. One of these features is how courses are created and how content can be added to courses. In this process, we are able to automatically create...
As of June 1, 2021 Blackboard is no longer active for Saint Mary's. This includes links to business, registration, HR, and other faculty and student services. To find those pages, please go to https://community.smumn.edu/. To login directly to the new online learning...
As of June 1, 2021, Blackboard for Saint Mary’s will be fading into the sunset. With courses and organizations migrated to Canvas, we bid a fond farewell to the learning management system that many of our instructors have taught in for years. Click “read more” for instructions on final preparations for moving away from Blackboard.
The Canvas Minimum Usage Transition document outlines the preparations faculty should complete for their Canvas courses prior to each term. The intention of these preparation lists is to provide a minimum level of consistency across course information on the Canvas...
What are your peers and colleagues saying about their first experiences in Canvas? Check out the short video to hear what they have to say. As the university shifts to a single LMS and a common set of instructional technology tools feedback is essential. Like your...
When will faculty and staff have Canvas training?
Training opportunities will start with the self-paced training course in Canvas which will be live on September 23. The first live training opportunity will be September 30. All of these will be promoted on this site, as well as CELT’s trainings and workshops page.
When do we get access to Canvas?
Will we have assistance migrating our courses to Canvas?
In addition to K16’s services, we will provide internal workshops to help you polish up your migrated courses.
When will we migrate our Engage courses to Canvas?
What is Ally and why is it important?
Will faculty be delivering courses in Canvas for the Fall 2020 semester?
Will we have to learn to use a new plagiarism tool?
How can I learn more?
Who is on the LMS task force?
- Provost and Dean of Faculties – Brian Schmisek
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations – Ben Murray
- Vice Provost – Online Strategy and Programs – Andrea Carroll-Glover (Chair)
- Director of IT and User Services – Tianna Johnson (Co-Chair)
- Associate Professor SGPP – Susan Hines
- Interim Director of CELT – Adam Potthast
- Associate Professor, Resource Analysis-Analyst SGPP- Greta Poser
- Director of Online Operations, Professor SGPP – Holly Tapper
- Director of Instructional Technology SGPP – Robert Andersen
- Director of Instructional Technology Winona – Jason Spartz
- Program Director M.Ed in Learning Design and Technology SGPP – Nancy Van Erp
- Assistant Professor Winona – Zakary Mayo
- Master of Business Admin Program, Adjunct Associate Professor SGPP – Amy Jauman
- Assistant Professor Winona – Crystal Carlson