Latest Canvas News
The LMS Task Force has lots of news to share with you on the progress of the Canvas implementation.
Did you receive a mysterious email saying you were invited to the “Growing with Canvas” Teacher Training course? It is a legitimate email, and for many of you it will be your first opportunity to interact with Canvas, Saint Mary’s new Learning Management System.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Task Force has finalized its proposed migration schedule for all university programs from Blackboard and Engage to Canvas. Meetings with program directors who manage the first set of program courses selected for migration in August will occur this week. “Migration” is the initial process of copying a course from Blackboard or Engage and importing it into Canvas.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Task Force met with the Canvas implementation team on July 13 to officially kick off our relationship and make plans for a fall rollout.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is committed to constantly improving the online experience of students and faculty by selecting a single learning management system (LMS), replacing our two current LMS systems — Blackboard Learn and Engage/Moodle.
When will faculty and staff have Canvas training?
When do we get access to Canvas?
Will we have assistance migrating our courses to Canvas?
In addition to K16’s services, we will provide internal workshops to help you polish up your migrated courses.
When will we migrate our Engage courses to Canvas?
What is Ally and why is it important?
Will faculty be delivering courses in Canvas for the Fall 2020 semester?
Will we have to learn to use a new plagiarism tool?
How can I learn more?
Who is on the LMS task force?
- Provost and Dean of Faculties – Brian Schmisek
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations – Ben Murray
- Vice Provost – Online Strategy and Programs – Andrea Carroll-Glover (Chair)
- Director of IT and User Services – Tianna Johnson (Co-Chair)
- Associate Professor SGPP – Susan Hines
- Interim Director of CELT – Adam Potthast
- Associate Professor, Resource Analysis-Analyst SGPP- Greta Poser
- Director of Online Operations, Professor SGPP – Holly Tapper
- Director of Instructional Technology SGPP – Robert Andersen
- Director of Instructional Technology Winona – Jason Spartz
- Program Director M.Ed in Learning Design and Technology SGPP – Nancy Van Erp
- Assistant Professor Winona – Zakary Mayo
- Master of Business Admin Program, Adjunct Associate Professor SGPP – Amy Jauman
- Assistant Professor Winona – Crystal Carlson