Latest Canvas News
Recordings of the first two professional Canvas training sessions are now available.
Saint Mary’s is offering two days of training on the new LMS from professional Canvas trainers Wednesday, September 30 and Friday, October 2.
The LMS Task Force has lots of news to share with you on the progress of the Canvas implementation.
Did you receive a mysterious email saying you were invited to the “Growing with Canvas” Teacher Training course? It is a legitimate email, and for many of you it will be your first opportunity to interact with Canvas, Saint Mary’s new Learning Management System.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Task Force has finalized its proposed migration schedule for all university programs from Blackboard and Engage to Canvas. Meetings with program directors who manage the first set of program courses selected for migration in August will occur this week. “Migration” is the initial process of copying a course from Blackboard or Engage and importing it into Canvas.
When will faculty and staff have Canvas training?
Training opportunities will start with the self-paced training course in Canvas which will be live on September 23. The first live training opportunity will be September 30. All of these will be promoted on this site, as well as CELT’s trainings and workshops page.
When do we get access to Canvas?
Will we have assistance migrating our courses to Canvas?
In addition to K16’s services, we will provide internal workshops to help you polish up your migrated courses.
When will we migrate our Engage courses to Canvas?
What is Ally and why is it important?
Will faculty be delivering courses in Canvas for the Fall 2020 semester?
Will we have to learn to use a new plagiarism tool?
How can I learn more?
Who is on the LMS task force?
- Provost and Dean of Faculties – Brian Schmisek
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations – Ben Murray
- Vice Provost – Online Strategy and Programs – Andrea Carroll-Glover (Chair)
- Director of IT and User Services – Tianna Johnson (Co-Chair)
- Associate Professor SGPP – Susan Hines
- Interim Director of CELT – Adam Potthast
- Associate Professor, Resource Analysis-Analyst SGPP- Greta Poser
- Director of Online Operations, Professor SGPP – Holly Tapper
- Director of Instructional Technology SGPP – Robert Andersen
- Director of Instructional Technology Winona – Jason Spartz
- Program Director M.Ed in Learning Design and Technology SGPP – Nancy Van Erp
- Assistant Professor Winona – Zakary Mayo
- Master of Business Admin Program, Adjunct Associate Professor SGPP – Amy Jauman
- Assistant Professor Winona – Crystal Carlson