Our mission is to advance teaching and learning at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota via innovation and collaboration, and to nurture your growth as a Saint Mary’s educator.
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is dedicated to providing a supportive community to awaken, nurture, and empower all faculty members to grow in their professional and educational role at Saint Mary’s University whether they are full-time faculty members at the Undergraduate College, full-time faculty members in the Graduate School, or course-contracted faculty working on both campuses. We aim to:
- Embrace the Lasallian Catholic heritage of the University
- Help you plan intentional, high quality instruction for all levels of student
- Help you design and deliver effective and innovative instruction
- Help you assess learning and provide feedback for growth
- Help you apply ethical teaching and learning practices
- Affirm the dignity of all students and faculty
Our programs are designed to meet your needs as faculty, who work on- and off-campus. We offer:
- In person and virtual problem-based learning communities.
- e-Friday lunchtime webinars
- virtual and in-person workshops
- weekend conferences
- 6-month intensive programs
- new faculty orientations
All events are free and are designed to bring you and your colleagues together to grow in community as Lasallian educators. Each year, over 350 faculty attend various events and find great value in their experiences as illustrated below.
I am truly grateful for the privilege to teach at Saint Mary’s and for all of the support I received from CELT.
Thanks to the CELT programs, I feel much more confident in the classroom.
New Faculty Orientation helped me feel prepared to teach.
Because of the Teaching Fellows Program, I feel more energized and willing to experiment with teaching strategies.
CELT offerings, especially the fall conference, make me feel like I’m a part of the Saint Mary’s community.